Reading and Recipes

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Recipe

Glut of pears in the supermarket today, so on Managers Special at 49p a kilo :-) And Kent grown to boot so not travelled very far either.

Anyway - was inspired to do some baking.

Orchard Muffins

2 Pears (juicy, medium sized dessert. I used Williams Green)
1 Apple (small, juicy. I used Cox Orange Pippin)
c. 50g margerine (about 2 heaped dessertspoons).
1 cup self raising flour
15g (or 1 Tablespoon) soya flour
1 tsp mixed spice

Peel and grate the Apple and Pears with a fine toothed grater (I used a fine microplane). Place in a bowl with the marg and 'cream' together (you'll end up with most of the margerine mixed in with small lumps of fat). Sift in flour, soya flour and mixed spice. Mix well together.

Spoon into paper cases set in a tin. Will fill 12 cup cake cases, or 9 muffin cases. Bake at 170 degrees Celcius for 20 mins and leave to stand in tin (out of oven) for 5 mins before removing to cool.

1 Comments:

  • This sounds just great! I also found a glut of pears here, cheaper still (but probably transported across Europe, oh well). I'm not vegan but one son is veggie and I love vegan/veggie food as well as being keen on raw recipes so if I figure out how (!) I'll be adding this to my favourites list.

    By Blogger Sue, at 6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home